Pregnancy is a stage in a woman’s life in which they need to be extra careful to avoid complications both in the mom and baby’s health. It is a time in which mothers undergo a lot of changes not only in their body but also in their life which can be a cause of stress to them. Well, experiencing stress while being pregnant is normal especially if you are pregnant and working in an office, however, having too much stress is already harmful for it can make them feel uncomfortable.
For instance, they may lose their appetite in eating or overeat instead. Also, they may have troubles in sleeping and feel headache. And if this will continue more severe health problems will occur such as high blood pressure and heart disease. It will as well affect the baby inside you for it can increase the possibility of having a premature or low-birthweight baby which can be a sign of health problems for them too.
While stress during pregnancy can be relieved, change in location or going on a vacation can help. A quick vacation to Mexico perhaps? Consider staying for a week or two, there are villas for rent in Puerto Vallarta that will not only help ease your pain related to stress but will make you enjoy your full term pregnancy. More tips on how to reduce stress during pregnancy below.
Different types of stress that may result in pregnancy issues:
- Negative life occurrence
- Tragic events
- Never ending stress
- Racial discrimination
- Stress related to pregnancy
There are 5 possible causes during pregnancy which are:
- Change in hormones which results in mood swings
- Signs of pregnancy that may cause discomfort
- Worries you are having before and after pregnancy
- Work problems for working moms
- Unending problems or concerns that will always be there no matter what situation you are having.
How can stress affect pregnancy?
Stress related hormones exist in our body which can affect our immune system and if this happens, the risk of getting infected will increase. As we all know, our immune system is responsible in protecting us from infections, once affected, we will be more prone to sickness which is similar to pregnant women for it will infect the uterus where the baby is located. This is most likely to happen when the stress a pregnant woman is experiencing lasted for a long time.
How to reduce the stress you are feeling while pregnant
- Know the cause of your stress and to someone close to you like your husband, family, friends and doctor about it
- Eat healthy food
- Keep in mind that whatever signs of pregnancy you are experiencing is temporary so must be able to handle them well. Consult your doctor for it.
- Avoid doing unnecessary activities
- Get enough support from people around you
- Do not hesitate to ask help from friends and families
- Do some activities that will help you relax
- Attend pregnancy class
- Make a plan ahead of time to be prepared
- Consult with a specialist when feeling depressed